Hey Humans! Ely here (Elizabeth) but seriously, call me Ely. And it’s pronounced EH-LEE, not E-LIE (if there’s one thing I DO NOT do, it’s lie. Ever!). Yes, yes… I know it should actually be spelled Eli, but I make the rules of my names, not you. I’m just saying. Ok we’re good let’s move on!
So I’m the “writer” but like, I prefer to be labeled one of these things (please choose whatever makes your soul sparkle when you read it out loud):
And since I’m too dissonant, and utterly incapable of properly putting together a respectable “About Me” section that satisfies the hungry narcissist within (because I have deleted and re-written this section 765,3678 times) I figured I’d just awkwardly list all of the things. Because people like lists these days don’t they? Oh. They HATE lists? Meh. Then with more reason:
- I’ve traveled around the sun, 31 times
- Born-&-raised in Miami, Fl (I’m pretty sure I even write with a Miami accent)
- I’m a mad-cool mom of 2 (Tiffany is 7, JJ is 5) and a step-mom of 1 (Adriana is 11)
- I’m a temperamental, socially-complex/kind-of awkward, kind-of-introvert
- I’m ridiculously snarky, blunt and sarcastic, to the point where like, people just can’t tell if I’m serious, a human, an alien, or even alive.
- I say shit like “like,” start sentences with And more than anyone I know, and I do A LOT of self-interrupting and ask/answer my own questions. I guess you can say I have incredibly strange and off-topic conversations with myself mid-whatever-post. That’s who I am- I’m messy and I don’t hold anything back, ever.
- I write exactly how I speak. Which means I say fuck way more than anyone would deem humanly possible.
I’m pretty sure thatI’m borderline bipolar, full-blown ADHD, full-blown anxious on several levels, borderline depressed/high on life (it all happens in waves), and I 100 percent have anger management issues.
- My health insurance does NOT cover mental-health visits. Thus- this blog. Duh.
- I’m Engaged to my high-school sweet-heart
- I’m a supervisor for a growing chain of vascular surgical centers and I’ve been in the medical field for 12-20 years, I’m not really sure anymore.
- I’m a part-time baker and cake-designing hustler- it’s my “art” other than writing.
- I’m so addicted to caffeine, I’m convinced it will be my cause of death.
- I’ve been Obsessed with writing and journaling since the age of 7- when it all began.
- I’m here to figure shit out. Everything. About myself. About the world. About humanity. About life and death. Whatever comes, comes.
So essentially I’m a hot mess. First I drink the coffee, then I feel all the things, then I write ALL the things, then I share alll the things, then I immediately regret all the things. It is what it is. Take it or leave it…
Well good talk guys! High five! Nice to sorta cyber-meet ya! I look forward to making friends all over the world and being a part of this amazing support system that is WordPress. Hugs! Far away hugs! Because please don’t touch me, I have a thing with personal space….. lol!